Friday 5 April 2013

Product Review: Michael Todd True Organics Anti-Aging Regimen


Hello everyone! I am so sorry for not posting for so long. I have been extremely busy - I still am actually. It's only 2 months left till my studies are over, so I am overloaded with uni work.
Anyway, here is as promised the long awaited review for Michael Todd True Organics skincare regimen. I have been using it non stop since Christmas and I can honestly say that my skin never felt or looked better. In three months I didn't have a single breakout - NOT A SINGLE ONE!!! That's new for me. My skin is much smoother and acne scars are almost gone. I finally can feel confident enough without make up on. The packaging is also great as they are air tight containers with pumps - sun or air can't get in so all the vitamins and antioxidants can't get destroyed. Thank you so much Michael Todd for great products!

Here are the products that are included in a kit:

Skin Defender AHA Cream Cleanser  

This cleanser is creamy, with slightly sweet scent. I like the pump packaging - very hygienic and comfortable to use. It cleans well, but not so well like Trilogy's Cream Cleanser. It is not drying at all - on a contrary, it actually feels a tiny bit greasy. It's like if you used oil on your face and then trying to wash it off. I always double cleanse, so I use it first and then Trilogy's cleanser afterwards, which helps to get rid off that feeling. I haven't tried other cleansers from MT and I heard that honey and oat one is quite good, so who knows. I think I will not repurchase this one - I like Trilogy way better.

Cranberry Antiox Hydrating Anti Aging Toner

This one is lovely. It has sweet smell of cranberries and it is truly moisturizing and soothing. It refreshes the skin, it feels very moist and supple. Loved it! I used to use toners religiously, but then I stopped and noticed that there is no difference, so they are not essential. If I would be buying these products separately I wouldn't buy the toner, but as it was included in a set I gave it a go. It is prefect for dry skin and I really enjoyed using it.

Pearl & Silk Facial Mask

This is quite pretty one - it is a clear gel with slight shimmer from peals. I use it 2-3 times a week applying for 15 min. it dries to a tight film on your face then just wash it off. It doesn't tingle or irritate, but it does contain amino acids so it provides gentle exfoliation. It is hard to see immediate effect from this mask, but it does help to clear up the pores and hydrate the skin. I also like the fact that this mask comes in a pump - makes all the procedure mess free. It feels very gentle, so if you want to treat your skin without harsh effects this one is for you.

Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment 

I am quite confused about this one. I hate runny lotions or gels for eyes - I prefer my creams thicker and reacher, especially because I have dry skin around my eye area. I usually warm the product between my ring fingers before applying it. This one comes out as a nice and rich cream, but when you spread it it turns to oil. It is tricky to spread it between fingers and I completely don't like that! It is also in a pump, which makes it easier to get the product out. It moisturizes extremely well - the skin around my eyes is hydrated and supple all day long. I can't comment on anti-aging properties as I have no wrinkles yet. My concern are horrendous dark circles and this cream does nothing to tackle this problem. Overall, it is very nice if you have dry skin.

Liposome Antioxidant Moisturizer with DMAE and Hyaluronic Acid

This moisturizer is brilliant!!! It completely transformed my dehydrated skin. Prior to that I was suffering with dry patches on my face for six months. I cannot stretch enough how much I love the fact that the product comes in a packaging with pump! No mess, no fuss, no waste of product. I do must warn you - this cream is a huge No No for oily skin. It might be too rich and too greasy for this type of skin. I have combination skin and I feel that in hot summer I will need something lighter. For colder months - it is perfect. It hydrates, makes my skin glow, doesn't break me out and helps even out the texture of the skin. Love it.

Hyaluronic Acid + C Antioxidant Moisturizing Serum

Another brilliant product. It is refreshing and very light and you can actually feel it getting deep in to your skin. Vitamin C is great - because of this serum my acne scars faded for 90%!!! I only have two tiny spots left. My skin feels brighter, fresher, smoother and soft to touch. I finally got my glow back! And did I mention the pump? I love that all products come in packaging with pump. Great!!!

In addition to those product I also bought separately:

Rose Petal and Vitamin C Gel Facial Mask

Clear gel that smells like roses. You have to apply it for 10 min and use it in intervals of two weeks. It has 10% of glycolic acid, so it is quite strong. It smooths the skin, gets rid off the dead skin cells and clears the pores. Skin is looking fresh, clean, smooth and hydrated. Great one to use once in a while.

Tropical Fruit Scrub

Oh God, this one smells so delicious!!! Every time I used it I had to restrain myself - the wish to eat it was too strong. I love the texture - exfoliating beads are very gentle, but at the same time very effective. It doesn't feel harsh and there is no taught and dry feeling. Wonderful product! I did use the sample of the Charcoal scrub and I did like the fruity version much better. 


1 comment:

  1. Perfect product review about this organic anti-aging product..thanks for sharing.

    Anti-Aging

    ReplyDelete